WE WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE AND INVITE YOU TO TAKE PART IN THE FIRST EDITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION OPUS 2019 ORGANIZED BY LIFE AND ART FOUNDATION
RESULTS OPUS 2019 HERE
Who can apply?
The competition is dedicated to the musicians of all nationalities can take part up to the 30th years old playing the following instruments: piano, violin, viola, cello, bass, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, trumpet, french horn, trombone, tuba, percussion.
When can you apply?
1.11.2018 – 31.03.2019
How to apply?
In order to participate in the competition an instrumentalist needs to send a link with an audio-video recording (YouTube). The length of recording should be in accordance with the category a participant belongs to. More information in regulations here
What are the prizes?
- performance during Alexander Arutiunian International Wind Festival in Yerevan, Armenia – travel expenses are covered by a participant;
- participation in music courses Małopolska Akademia Talentów in Łącko, Poland – travel expenses and accomodation are covered by a participant;
- participation in music courses International Summer Trumpet Academy in Kolbuszowa, Poland – travel expenses and accomodation are covered by a participant;
- D’Addario Winner Pack (reeds / mouthpiece / accessories) in value of $250;
- mouthpiece for clarinet by Barkley;
- mouthpiece for saxophone by Barkley;
- voucher with the value of 536 PLN for synthetic reed for oboe or basson by Légère in Piotrowski Music;
- voucher worth 350 PLN for clarinet conservation in Clarinetka-Marta Sikora service;
- voucher worth 300 PLN in Salon i Serwis Instrumentów Dętych Piotr Śmietana;
- 2 vouchers worth 200 PLN each in Henglewscy Music Shop.
There are the following special awards:
- award for the best performance of a piece written by polish composer;
- award for the best performance of the contemporary piece written after 1950;
- award for the most promising young clarinetist (categories A, B, C or D);
- award for the best wind quintet;
- award for the best piano accompaniment.
Gloria Campaner (Italy)
Philippe Cuper (France)
Shmavon Grigoryan (Armenia)
Jan Kalinowski (Poland)
Bartosz Sałdan (Poland)
Marek Szlezer (Poland)
Tomasz Ślusarczyk (Poland)
Read more about jury here
- What are the requirements for the recording?
Video should be recorded not earlier than 1st of October 2018. If repertoire consist more than one piece, competitor should record it on one video – send us one link.
2. How to register chamber music group?
Each member of ensemble should fill the application form personally, writing the name of ensemble next to personal data and sending a copy of a document confirming the identity and age. All documents should be sent in one e-mail.
3. Can I participate in more than one category?
Yes, each competitor can apply to more than one category, paying each time for participation.
4. Do I have to participate in winners concert to receive an award?
No, all diplomas and awards will be sent by post.